Postcards from…Bergen

April 17, 2016

Postcards from…Bergen

April 17, 2016

I had the best time exploring Bergen, and although I didn’t have much free time in the city I was determined to make the most of it! You can find out more about what I got up to here, but after having a wander around the harbour area, I made my way up the mountain before continuing to explore the city back at ground level.

I’d completely forgotten to grab a postcard when I was in Stavanger – for the first time ever! – and didn’t want to make the same mistake twice in Bergen! As I made my way back to my hotel after my day of exploring, I passed a souveniry style shop and popped my head in to see if I could grab a postcard or two.

Postcard of the Bergen fjords, Norway

Even though Bergen is the second largest city in Norway, it’s still not overly huge in comparison to other countries. I love how the city looks like it spills into the water, and also how green it is!Postcard of the sights in Bergen, Norway, including Bryggen, the wooden clad buildings and harbour

Of course I had to get a postcard with the Bryggen on it! I loved that this one also had some of the other building styles too – I totally loved the architecture in Norway!Postcard of the funicular train in Bergen, Norway which takes you up to Fløyen for the most amazing panoramic views

One of my favourite things I did while in Norway was take the funicular train up to Fløyen, where I was afforded the most amazing views of the city and surrounding area! And so, of course I had to get a postcard to remember it by.

I’m still really disappointed that I didn’t remember to pick up a postcard in Stavanger, but I will find a way to get one!

12 Comments

• travelfranzi April 17, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Wow that´s looks so amazing!

• Abi April 20, 2016 at 2:37 am

Randomly I think the postcard I have from Bergen is of a lady holding a fish at the market!

• Discovering New Skies April 21, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Oh wow! The weather was so much kinder to you than me 😂 beautiful!

• Travel Lexx April 26, 2016 at 1:07 pm

It looks stunning! I went to Norway when I was 10 but came down with chicken pox within a couple of days and had to come home. Gutted as it’s such a beautiful country. If I head that way I’ll grab you one that you’ve missed!

• Oh no! That’s such a shame…you’ll definitely have to go back, it’s so pretty there! I want to head further north to try and catch the northern lights, so might have to make a road trip of it to see more of the country.

• Travel Lexx April 26, 2016 at 1:28 pm

You and me both! Let me know about your plans!!

• OrganicIsBeautiful April 28, 2016 at 2:53 am

Beautiful ☺☺

Sabrina | http://www.OrganicIsBeautiful.com

• Let's Chat!

Pop your email address below to subscribe to this blog and you'll get an email to let you know when I post something new!

Join 1,714 other subscribers